Picking the right frames for your face can be a daunting task – especially if you are new to wearing glasses. The good news is that your face shape can help to narrow down the choices! If you have a heart-shaped face, read on to see what style of frames will flatter your features.
How Do I Know If I Have a Heart-Shaped Face?
A heart-shaped face is characterized by a broad forehead and a strong chin. They are generally as wide as they are long, and the widest part is across the forehead or the cheekbones. Heart faces taper from the cheekbones down to a pointed chin – like an inverted triangle!
Things to Look for in Frames
When shopping for new frames, here are a couple things that heart faces should keep in mind:
- Choose frames that are as wide as your face, and no wider! Having too wide of frames will only accentuate your forehead. The goal is to create balance within your face.
- Frames that go up in the corner are great for drawing the eye up and away from a narrow chin.
- Round or oval shapes are very flattering on heart-shaped faces.
- Keep frames light (in color and size). If you would like some weight to your frame, make sure it’s below the eye line. This will again, help to balance out a wider forehead.
- Try out low temples (arms that are set in the middle of the lens, not the top).
Things to Avoid in Frames
The following are a few things heart-shaped faces should avoid when selecting a pair of frames:
- Frames that are wider than your face. This causes the face to seem unbalanced and emphasizes the widest part of the face.
- Dark and heavy frames. These styles will add unnecessary weight to the top of your face.
Looking for the Perfect Pair of Glasses?
The key to picking the perfect frames for a heart-shaped face is to balance the widths of the face. If you are on the hunt for a new pair of glasses, stop by one of The Vision Gallery’s locations! We have a large selection of frames from designers all over the world, and expert staff who will work with you to find just the right fit.